Wednesday, December 13, 2006

And so it begins

Just started checking in fragments that I have been scratching around on my laptop. Most of the engine is now functional (actually all) except for when I change my mind.

The YAML based parser I am still experimenting with ideas with (and trying to not tinker too much). Mucho thanks to the codehaus for setting this all up (Ben and Bob). Codehaus infrastructure makes life so much easier. I will keep all documentation in Confluence. I just need to work out how to turn on the "Web 2 point Oh" style for confluence wikis.

I am using www.easyeclipse.org as a development environment (see the LAMP distributions, and the RoR one in particular). I do find I am using IRB pretty extensively just to fumble my way around, I am hoping that as JRuby becomes complete then EasyEclipse may bundle it for better out-of-box experience (of course the many platform specific distros in Ruby are also more then adequate).

The project home page here here but the more useful page is the project "xircles" page here.



Watch this space. I am hoping to have a little spare time to get version 1 (do I have to call it BETA? ) out in a month or two.

Michael.

No comments: